Thursday, April 3, 2008

Abbey&Me!!

Well, since my husband has been home a lot lately I have not been able to have my daily chats with my best friend. So I am completely going through withdrawal, and it got me to thinking about my amazing friend and our precious friendship. Abbey and I met 13 years ago when I moved to Milton-Union middle school. I can still remember her bouncing into chorus class, her wild hair, and loud mouth. I wasn't sure quite what to make of her. She was very friendly, and made me feel comfortable in a new environment. I would be lying if I were to say we were inseparable from day one. Our friendship has been more of a metamorphosis. I can still remember when her grandma passed away. It really took a toll on her. That was probably one of our first bonding talks.

High school came and through the years we grew closer. I have been there for every foolish boy that broke her heart. The summer before our junior year we had Kings Island season passes. We used to load up Big Red(A big red pick-up truck) pack ourselves a couple of snacks and hit the road with Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride" blasting through the speakers. Those were the days! After my mom and dad split, I lived with my dad and he worked night shift. Well, I hated being alone at night so I knew Abbey's parents never locked their doors(they lived in the country). I would go over there and crawl into her bed spend the night. I can't tell you how many times I slept there and Abbey wasn't even home. Her parents got very used to waking up with me there.Lol!

Honestly it would take to long to go through all the good times!!

Unfortunately, and my only regret is that we lost contact for about 3years. A very important 3years that contained some of our most important life events. We missed each others wedding's, and first babies birth. We were very fortunate to come back into contact with one another when little Ross was 3months old, and I was approximately 4weeks away from giving birth to my second child. It was like no time had passed. There were no awkward silences, or animosity. That's how you know a true friendship. I know no matter what happens in life she will be there for me,and me for her. I feel so blessed to know her and be in her life. I adore little Ross, and my kids adore her. I thank the good lord everyday for giving me such a blessing. Hope you enjoyed some of my favorite pics above.

1 comment:

Abbey said...

I LOVE YOU So MUCH. Cant wait until Monday. You made me cry thanks.