Sunday, April 20, 2008

Family Fun @ Kings Island

So, today Kings Island opened for the summer season. Well, Chad and I figured we might as well go and take the kids for some fun seeing as it was our day off, and since it was overcast I figured it wouldn't be that busy. So we set off around 11:30 and arrived around 12:20, not bad timing. Unfortunately alot of people must have had the same idea as us because when we got up to the entrance there was a veeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy long line for the season pass processing center. This did not make us very happy especially due to the fact that our two year old doesn't get the whole "wait in line" thing. Apparently alot of people purchased their passes online like us and when you do that you have to go through the processing center to get your card with your picture on it. Anyway, around 30minutes into our wait one of the workers announced that you can enter the park one time before you have to get your pass processed, so it wasn't a hard decision for us to dash out of line and head on in.

After entering the park we headed straight for KiddyLand(Nick Universe). Our first ride was the Scooby Doo haunted Castle. It is where you ride in mini Mystery Machines and use laser guns to shoot the ghosts. I personally was excited since there are not to many rides we can all ride together. Victoria is too little to ride about 80% of them. Payton was quite apprehensive at first. He was intimidated by the spookiness of the place. But once we got on the ride both of the kids really enjoyed it. Next we went on the Lazytown Helicopters. Slow moving, but and enjoyable ride. Oh yeah and I didn't mention it had started sprinkling at this point, so at least we got out of the rain. Once again Victoria could participate in this.

By this point Payton was getting braver, so Chad and he decided to go on Plankton's Plunge. This is basically a mini Drop Zone. I was so proud he wasn't afraid at all. He loved it. So we took the next step and while Chad wrangled Victoria, Payton and I stood in line for the Rugrats Runaway Reptar ride. Hopefully you are all familiar with Kings Island and will understand when I describe this as a mine Face Off. Basically your legs hang from the coaster while it sails around the track. It is somewhat intimidating looking, especially from a five year olds point of view. But he was psyched. I have to say it looked like it was pretty tame, but once we got on it I was like " OMG this is fun". Payton agreed.

It was my turn to wrangle Victoria while Chad took Payton on what used to be called the Beastie in my day, but is now called the Fairly Odd Coaster. The line was a bit longer for this so Victoria and I set off to ride the Dora train. Well, we never quite made it on that ride due to the fact that my daughter spotted Diego. Now I'm sure most kids are afraid of these characters in real life, but not my girl. She became the "Diego Stalker". I swear I could not tear her away from him. She kept hugging him and giving him high fives. I am sure at some point the poor guy was like get this kid away from me, but he was very nice to her. After ripping her away from Diego kicking and screaming I focused her attention onto the Diego Safari ride. It's basically little cars that look like Safari cars that move in a slow circle. She loved it all the same. I also took her on Swipers Sweepers. I am not sure how to describe this ride but let's just say she was cracking up.
We made our way back over to the Fairly Odd coaster in hopes that we could see Payton and Chad. We made it just in time to see them get on. I guess they decided they might as well do it big, cause they sat in the first seat. Chad said Payton acted like he was going to poop his pants at first, but he ended up loving it. We rode a couple other little rides, but it started getting cold and Victoria's missed nap was starting to show, so we decided to take off. I purchased the kids some Ice cream cones before we left. And while Payton waited to finish his before he passed out in the car, Victoria passed out with her Ice cream still in hand. It must have been good. All-in-all it was a fun day, One we will be repeating again in the near future.

No comments: